This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos on pcengines APU?

Hi guys!

First of all - my big bow to all of you making it possible for home users to use sophos utm! There are many different things out there and among all of them - you remain streamlined, organized and offer a professional product at no cost for home users. KUDOS!

I have been using sophos for couple of years and i always had one tripping point: size of HW. I mean, there are mini itx solutions and thin itx standard, but it always turns out looking like a pc and not like a small nice firewall/router.

PcEngines has made a new board that is only 6" x 6", fits in their super small case, has 3 Giga lan ports and mini pci slots for wifi card. The box uses 6-12w under full load and is completely passive!

So - now the big question - will sophos run on this board?

Here is the board:

PC Engines apu1c product file

I hope this will/can work so that i can buid the fw that performs well and that my wife finds it acceptable to stay under the TV set [:)]

cheers

Tomba

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hmm ... seems like a lot of work to do. You went for msata because you want to have it original alix2d case? So basically you used NUC necause it had the msata plug so that you can install sophos on a msata disk, and then afterwards you used debian PC to be able to browse the filesystem to edit the files. Am i getting this right?

Thanks for your previous post ... it is good to know that it can be done. If i got you right, i guess just obtaining msata adapter and a live ubuntu/debian would do the trick of prepairing the msata drive for use with APU.

You have the 2Gb version?
  • Hmm ... seems like a lot of work to do. You went for msata because you want to have it original alix2d case? So basically you used NUC necause it had the msata plug so that you can install sophos on a msata disk, and then afterwards you used debian PC to be able to browse the filesystem to edit the files. Am i getting this right?

Thanks for your previous post ... it is good to know that it can be done. If i got you right, i guess just obtaining msata adapter and a live ubuntu/debian would do the trick of prepairing the msata drive for use with APU.

You have the 2Gb version?
Children
No Data