This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Headless (Serial Console) Installation?

Is it possible?  I'm attempting to install on a device which has no video card.  I can see the options over serial once it boots - 

"boot:" prompt and instructions about Enter, F1 and F3.  But after that nothing shows on the serial console.

Is it possible to perform the install this way?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have tried this with the latest iso and can't get it to work.
    The script seems to run ok, but I get this warning:
    mount: warning /tmp/3966.asg2asi/iso seems to be mounted read-only
    Besides this it completed with patching initramfs and isolinux.cfg, integrating custom installer.ini ...
    When booting from the USB flash drive I can se the menu screen with Enter, F1 and F3. When I push Enter all I get is a black screen.

Do I need to edit the script in some way? Or edit some files on the usb flash drive for it to understand the serial console?
  • I have tried this with the latest iso and can't get it to work.
    The script seems to run ok, but I get this warning:
    mount: warning /tmp/3966.asg2asi/iso seems to be mounted read-only
    Besides this it completed with patching initramfs and isolinux.cfg, integrating custom installer.ini ...
    When booting from the USB flash drive I can se the menu screen with Enter, F1 and F3. When I push Enter all I get is a black screen.

Do I need to edit the script in some way? Or edit some files on the usb flash drive for it to understand the serial console?
Children
No Data