This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

USB Stick Install Solved

I have been reading the forums here for awhile, and decided to figure it out.

Steps:
[LIST=1]

• Download and install 'Universal USB Installer' - Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3 | USB Pen Drive Linux
  • Download Astaro ASG v8 iso - ftp://ftp.astaro.de/Astaro_Security_Gateway/v8/software_appliance/iso/
  •  Open the Universal USB Installer,  for Step 1: Select the last option, 'Try Unlisted Linux ISO (New Syslinux)'
  •  For Step 2: Select the Astaro ISO
  •  For Step 3: Select your USB Key. I used a 512MB U3 Kingston
  •  Click 'Create', Eject the USB Key and Boot your soon-to-be Astaro Box
  •  Press  to Start the Installer 
  •  On the First Screen, hit Alt-F2.
  •  Follow this sequence:
    [LIST=1]
  •  bash-3.2# mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt
  •  bash-3.2# cd /install
  •  bash-3.2# mkdir install
  •  bash-3.2# cd install
  •  bash-3.2# cp -a /mnt/install/* .
  •  Hit Alt-F1

[/LIST]

•  Finish the Installation, Reboot and Enjoy.

[/LIST]

Please post questions, experiences etc. This has worked for me, but it's my first experience with Astaro, so I thought I'd share in hopes others can benefit.

Cheers,
-fred

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • We use UNETBOOTIN to load the STANDARD ISO to a USB stick

Super Easy if NO CD around, need to set BIOS to boot from USB stick so will need to look at the VGA screen console to set up ...

Super Easy if NO CD around, need to set BIOS to boot from USB stick so will need to look at the VGA screen console to set up ...

Hi,

I tried using UNETBOOTIN on Mac Mt. Lion to create the ISO, but i could not get the USB stick to boot on the PC - i don't know why it's not working...?

Then i tried the same on a Windows 7 machine -- this time no problems in creating a bootable ISO :-)

As RufusToofus states; using UNETBOOTIN it's very easy to load the ISO to a USB stick 

Cheers

Hi,

I tried using UNETBOOTIN on Mac Mt. Lion to create the ISO, but i could not get the USB stick to boot on the PC - i don't know why it's not working...?

Then i tried the same on a Windows 7 machine -- this time no problems in creating a bootable ISO :-)

As RufusToofus states; using UNETBOOTIN it's very easy to load the ISO to a USB stick 

Cheers
Children
No Data