This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

USB Stick Install Solved

I have been reading the forums here for awhile, and decided to figure it out.

Steps:
[LIST=1]

• Download and install 'Universal USB Installer' - Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3 | USB Pen Drive Linux
  • Download Astaro ASG v8 iso - ftp://ftp.astaro.de/Astaro_Security_Gateway/v8/software_appliance/iso/
  •  Open the Universal USB Installer,  for Step 1: Select the last option, 'Try Unlisted Linux ISO (New Syslinux)'
  •  For Step 2: Select the Astaro ISO
  •  For Step 3: Select your USB Key. I used a 512MB U3 Kingston
  •  Click 'Create', Eject the USB Key and Boot your soon-to-be Astaro Box
  •  Press  to Start the Installer 
  •  On the First Screen, hit Alt-F2.
  •  Follow this sequence:
    [LIST=1]
  •  bash-3.2# mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt
  •  bash-3.2# cd /install
  •  bash-3.2# mkdir install
  •  bash-3.2# cd install
  •  bash-3.2# cp -a /mnt/install/* .
  •  Hit Alt-F1

[/LIST]

•  Finish the Installation, Reboot and Enjoy.

[/LIST]

Please post questions, experiences etc. This has worked for me, but it's my first experience with Astaro, so I thought I'd share in hopes others can benefit.

Cheers,
-fred

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Community,

I just installed the image ssi-9.605-1.1.iso and the "workaround" is still working fine. Instead of using the "Universal USB Installer" I used "Rufus" to create the bootable USB Stick. And on my hardware appliance it was sdb1 instead of sdb2. But as already mentioned in some comments here, you can find out the name easily with the command "dmesg | grep sdb".

So great information. Thanks.

• Hi Community,

I just installed the image ssi-9.605-1.1.iso and the "workaround" is still working fine. Instead of using the "Universal USB Installer" I used "Rufus" to create the bootable USB Stick. And on my hardware appliance it was sdb1 instead of sdb2. But as already mentioned in some comments here, you can find out the name easily with the command "dmesg | grep sdb".

So great information. Thanks.

Children
No Data