This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Very high CPU usage on 7.302

I'm running Astaro 7.302 and I'm getting very high RAM useage which is, understandably, making everything run a little sluggishly.

I've looked at some of the other threads, and taken some of the other suggested tweaks, like adding my internal DNS servers to the IPS advanced settings.

Here's the basic config:

I'm new to Astaro, having only recently taken over IT at this company so any help would be appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • From looking at the screenshots, it looks like something is haywire... 1st thing to do would be to login to the shell (use SSH, you will need to login as user "loginuser") and run top to see what is using all the memory.  Also, since you are in a commercial situation, you undoubtedly have paid support (Gold or Platinum Maintenance) from Astaro... I'd start a case with them and let them figure it out.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• To identify the source of memory use, run top from the shell and enter a capitol letter "M", this will sort by memory usage.  There have been some Instant Messaging/Peer-to-Peer false positives reported, If AFCD is at the top of the list, try disabling both IM and P2P systems for about one minute, then re-enable them.  That should free up some memory.  Some of the IM/P2P false positives were resolved with 7.303 so I would suggest updating to 7.304 at your convenience.
  • I did not have this problem before 7.305, and yes AFCD seems on top of the memory consumption and this is cured by disable/enable for the aforementioned services.

Güney Hanedan
  • I have run into the AFCD problem on one of my ASG 120s running 7.305 as well.
  • Check your IM/P2P logs for potential false positives- look for internal traffic or common port traffic which may be a false positive.  If you get a code such as 60101 or 60202, you can search for that code in the KB and you will find the relevant service (KB article 290351).  If you find anything interesting, set the service to "do not control".
  • The root partition was full, one of the temp webadmin folders in /dev had taken up 3.8Gb of space.

Once I deleted this AFCD settled back down, so my guess is the process was trying to dump something to that partition as I had a couple of people getting blocked by the P2P settings.
  • The root partition was full, one of the temp webadmin folders in /dev had taken up 3.8Gb of space.

Once I deleted this AFCD settled back down, so my guess is the process was trying to dump something to that partition as I had a couple of people getting blocked by the P2P settings.
Children
No Data