This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installation failed during hardware detecting

I try to install the Astaro Security Software with the Version 7.2 Beta (asg-7.180-080326-2.iso). On step 3 of 7 (Hardware is now being detecting) it stops with the message "Installation failed". 
Some times when I retry or when I use Version 7.1 (asg-7.103-080219-2.iso) the procedure stops earlier with the message "isolinux: Disk error 80, AX=4280 drive ff". Without creating a RAID the same message appears.
I have an Intel Duo Core with a SATA onboad-controller Intel ICH8R, which is include in the hardware compatibilty list (http://www.astaro.com/lists/HCL-ASG-V7.txt).  So I thínk it should works generally, perhaps the installation can't detect some components.
What can I change on my system to resume with success?
Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Set your SATA controller to legacy mode (in the BIOS).

Make sure you have only one hard drive and 1 CD ROM drive installed in the system.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• I have set my SATA-controller to legacy mode and remove the second hard drive. The result was the same. I have disabled the SATA-controller and connect the hard drive by IDE: the same result.
    Than we change the Mainbord to the Intel chipset 965, which is included in the hardware compatibilty list, later to the chipset 945. We came to step 7 of 7 of the installation.

At the end we take a MSI K8T NEO2 Motherboard with an AMD 64 X2 3800 processor and this works. As network adapter we take a 3C905CX-TX-M 10/100MBit from 3Com Corporation.

I would suggest, to publish a new hardware compatibilty list with components not older as 2 years.