This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installing across multiple hard drives?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find anything using the search feature of the forum.

I used to use ASL v4 at one point, but ditched it for Smoothwall Express 2 (don't ask why, it's a long story).  I downloaded ASL v5.001 (asl-5.001-040408-4.iso) from the German mirror and burnt to CD.  This was about a month back.

Today, having spent yesterday rebuilding two PCs almost from scratch, I went to install ASL v5 on a pc with the following spec:

-> Celeron 1.3
->128mb RAM
-> Onboard LAN + 2 other NICs
-> 2.4 GB Hard Drive

I load up the setup from CD and it says my HDD is too small.  ASL v4 didn't complain, it just worked and when installed didn't use more than 2/3 of the hard drive.

*MOOD: A bit pissed off*

So I grab a 3gb HDD i have lying around and stuff that in, having removed the 2.4gb drive.  Still no luck - HDD is not big enough.

*MOOD: 75% pissed off*

I remember that I have another hard drive lying around that is also 3gb (same model as the other 3gb drive), and I put this in as Primary Slave.  I load up the setup and it says that ASL won't install on multiple hard disks.

*MOOD: Really angry now*

Is there any way I can install it on a 3gb drive, or over 2 disks as I dont intend to buy another hard drive in the near future.  All the ones I have here are 3gb or less - 4x2gb, 1x545mb, 2x1.2gb.

Any suggestions?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I did not find Any specific way to do that but youtube some time helps me alot search with the following query " install in multiple/external hard drive" it might be helpful.
    Or if any one knows more about this kindly help us out.

• Why have you restarted a 14 year old thread? You now need a minimum of 20-30gb to build a UTM and it all needs to be one one drive and these drives are very cheap if you can find one that small.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Why have you restarted a 14 year old thread? You now need a minimum of 20-30gb to build a UTM and it all needs to be one one drive and these drives are very cheap if you can find one that small.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children
No Data