This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG210 SFOS flash to UTM9

Previous Firewall Model:ASG220
Firemware Version:9.509-3
Pattern:183205

Staff size: Less than 10.
Hence we dont need SFOS and i wish to continue using UTM9 which doesn't requires me to manually migrate all the settings.

New Firewall Model:SG210
Came with SFOS installed.

I've managed to flash to firmware UTM9   version:9.510-5.1.ISO
From this website
https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/utm-downloads.aspx

After installation, i got this issue after i uploaded the previous firewall model to the new firewall that's downgraded to UTM9 version:9.510.

It's currently locked and preventing me from logging into the firewall without a license.
I was provided a temp license by the vendor.

Anyone have any idea in this aspect ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi ywillie,

I suspect you restored the software appliance ISO (asg-9.510-5.1.iso) so you have now a "UTM software box" and got an evaluation license for a SG210 (check Field "Type = SG210" in license-file) which don't work on a "UTM software box".

Use the ISO for the hardware appliance (ssi-9.510-5.1.iso), then you get the original SG210 firmware and can use any license for a SG210.

Other option is, you stay with the "UTM software" firmware and ask your sophos partner for a "UTM software" evaluation license. Background, the software licenses for 10 or 25 users are finally cheaper then an license for a real SG210.

bye Josef

BERGMANN engineering & consulting GmbH, Wien/Austria

• Yes.. I noticed the silly mistake i made this morning and saw the ISO downloaded is ASG not SSI. After figured that i might have mistook ASG with SSI. Even i clearly remembered i selected Hardware Firmware instead of Soft earlier on. I'll try to flash the firmware with SSI and see the result.

• Yes.. I noticed the silly mistake i made this morning and saw the ISO downloaded is ASG not SSI. After figured that i might have mistook ASG with SSI. Even i clearly remembered i selected Hardware Firmware instead of Soft earlier on. I'll try to flash the firmware with SSI and see the result.

Children
No Data