This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to update active and stadby nodes separetly?

I need to update the slave node at first to the latest firmware version and then the active node, so as to run the firewall without any interruptions.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • In Active-Passive setups you can configure it to update only one device, so at first the master will update, then the slave switches to master role while the old one will update firmware. After that you can reboot the new master so the old one switches back to master role.

"keep nodes reserved during up2date"

• Can I update the slave at first and restart it without updating the Master.

So I would like to update the Master after a few days.

• Are they different hardware devices? Normally you have two identically devices so master slave whatever it doesnt really care which one is in slave.

Have you tried to watch into those parts of gui from my screenshots?

So switching the master - slave role should be also possible rebooting the actually master - then do what I said above.

• SDk said:
    Can I update the slave at first and restart it without updating the Master.

That's the default behaviour.

Slave is upgraded first, rebooted, synced, and if running good the cluster make a switch-over.

Old master becomes slave and is "parked" until you click "upgrade node" within management/HA

PS: Support remind me multiple times not using "preferred master" except there is a really good reason.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Andy and Dirk have already explained how this works.  In fact, the "interruption" caused by Up2Dating an Active/Passive setup is a few milliseconds - not long enough to have any effect on anything that's not a "real-time" process like a VoIP call.

It doesn't sound like you want the "keep nodes reserved during updating" option.

What issue made you think that you would want to Up2Date the Slave first?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Andy and Dirk have already explained how this works.  In fact, the "interruption" caused by Up2Dating an Active/Passive setup is a few milliseconds - not long enough to have any effect on anything that's not a "real-time" process like a VoIP call.

It doesn't sound like you want the "keep nodes reserved during updating" option.

What issue made you think that you would want to Up2Date the Slave first?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data