This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9, Version 9.310-11: two Questions

Hi all

Infos over Infrastructure

- 1 Sophos UTM 9 Firewall, act as virtual Maschine on VMware Infrastructure in a Test Lab.
- The Firewall has two NICs: both are in a private area (private net range) - therefore no public IP.

Target: Test mail delivery (not inbound - at the moment).

Question 01: On Dashboard shows many updates, but under the point administration/ Up2Date: no update available, why? My Target is first, use the newest Version of Sophos UTM 9

Question 02: the mail stuck in the queue, Error: user@domain.ch=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out

Thanks for Help :-)

cheers
Andrew

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Andrew,

1) The version you are in is from May 2015. So the UTM tried to download as many updates possible without running out of space but UTM can not show any update available unless it unpacks it. I guess your UTM 9 has run out of space to unpack the updates. Best suggestion is to take a configuration backup of the device and re-image the device and put the configuration back.

2) Please check the SMTP logs in the device to see what's going on. You may refer to Sophos UTM: Log names and service locations.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Thanks for the proposed solutions.

Question two: thanks for the proposed solutions. The Problem was an upstream Firewall. So, this Firewall was not aible to send the Mail over the other Firewall. Open the Port 25 was the solutions :-)

Question one: Yes, i think also that the best solution is, install the newest Version of UTM 9 (ISO File) and then, update this one 

• Thanks for the proposed solutions.

Question two: thanks for the proposed solutions. The Problem was an upstream Firewall. So, this Firewall was not aible to send the Mail over the other Firewall. Open the Port 25 was the solutions :-)

Question one: Yes, i think also that the best solution is, install the newest Version of UTM 9 (ISO File) and then, update this one 

Children
No Data