This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Up2Date not working with proxy

Hello,

I have problems getting pattern-updates trough proxy. No error, but Up2Date-Log in UTM2 is:  

audld[29838]: Starting Up2Date Package Downloader
audld[29838]: patch up2date possible
audld[29838]: Using static update server list in HA mode
audld[29838]: id="3701" severity="info" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Authentication successful"
audld[29838]: Using static download server list in HA mode
audld[29838]: id="3707" severity="info" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Successfully synchronized fileset" status="success" action="download" package="sys"
auisys[29952]: no HA system or cluster node
auisys[29952]: waiting for db_verify to return (30 seconds max)
auisys[29952]: not cleaning /var/up2date/sys-install in --nosys mode
auisys[29952]: removing '/var/up2date/cadata-install'
auisys[29952]: removing '/var/up2date/geoip-install'
auisys[29952]: removing '/var/up2date/man9-install'
auisys[29952]: removing '/var/up2date/ohelp9-install'
auisys[29952]: Starting Up2Date Package Installer
auisys[29952]: No suitable packages of type <man9> found, skipping
auisys[29952]: No suitable packages of type <ohelp9> found, skipping
auisys[29952]: No suitable packages of type <cadata> found, skipping
auisys[29952]: No suitable packages of type <geoip> found, skipping
auisys[29952]: Up2Date Package Installer finished, exiting
auisys[29952]: id="3716" severity="info" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Up2Date Package Installer finished, exiting"

Webfilter-Log on UTM1 is writing:

httpproxy[11231]: id="0001" severity="info" sys="SecureWeb" sub="http" name="http access" action="pass" method="CONNECT" srcip="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" dstip="54.214.16.252" user="" group="" ad_domain="" statuscode="200" cached="0" profile="REF_DefaultHTTPProfile (Default Web Filter Profile)" filteraction="REF_DefaultHTTPCFFAction (Default content filter action)" size="5737" request="0xd3094e00" url="us1.utmu2d.sophos.com/" referer="" error="" authtime="0" dnstime="5" aptptime="69" cattime="0" avscantime="0" fullreqtime="22830403" device="0" auth="0" ua="" exceptions="av,sandbox,auth,content,url,ssl,certcheck,certdate,mime,cache,fileextension,size" application="sophpatt" app-id="793"

Patterns are not updated.
Exeption is working, so I've got no idea, whats wrong. :-(

Thanks in advance,
Sebastian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Sebastian,

This doesn't look unusual to me.  It's normal to see that when you change to manual.  In any case, only needed patterns are installed - and that depends on how you have things configured.  Here's from our lab UTM:

I think that Up2Date "knows" when there's a newer pattern available that it hasn't "seen" before.  Say you were curious about geoip, you could find out the last time it was updated in the last three months of 2019 and last month with:

zgrep 'Successfully installed' /var/log/up2date/2019/1*/*|grep '"geoip"'
     zgrep 'Successfully installed' /var/log/up2date/2020/01/*|grep '"geoip"'

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Sebastian,

This doesn't look unusual to me.  It's normal to see that when you change to manual.  In any case, only needed patterns are installed - and that depends on how you have things configured.  Here's from our lab UTM:

I think that Up2Date "knows" when there's a newer pattern available that it hasn't "seen" before.  Say you were curious about geoip, you could find out the last time it was updated in the last three months of 2019 and last month with:

zgrep 'Successfully installed' /var/log/up2date/2019/1*/*|grep '"geoip"'
     zgrep 'Successfully installed' /var/log/up2date/2020/01/*|grep '"geoip"'

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data