This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG550 RAID Controller battery issue/question

We have a bunch of SG550r1 and SG550r2 systems in the wild.

The SG550r1 uses a MegaRAID controller and it reports that the battery is bad/FAULT/no charge using the megactl -vv command. (I want to use the standard MegaCLI64 commands but they dont have it on the OS)

The SG550r2 uses an Areca Controller and it reports no battery installed. This is what I want to see as the battery is not needed, etc.

Is this a misnomer for the R1 type systems? Can anyone here clarify if the R1 actually has a battery installed? I think not with 48/48 units saying the same thing of no charge.

We asked support and they want to RMA the system. I believe that they are not even looking inside the system to see if the device has a battery, etc. I am not RMAing 48 systems :P

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • My suggestion, Justin, is that you ask Support for escalation with the stipulation that you're not going to RMA all of the 48 550s with this issue.  I bet they change their tune.  Please let us know what happens.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA