This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG 125 to SG 220

Hi

I have a customer who wants to upgrade from SG125 to SG220. If I recall rightly, many years ago you could simply backup the existing UTM and restore on another one that's bigger. What you couldn't do is backup a bigger UTM and restore on a smaller due to less physical ports.

Is that still the case?

Thanks in advance, hopefully this will save me hours of work

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Booth directions are possible.

If you go to a device with less ports, the interfaces are not assigned to hardware afterwards.

(I do this way too)

I have assigned some interfaces to one physical with VLAN's afterwards.

You have to install a new license after installing a backup to a different device type.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Thanks for your reply, I never knew/tried downgrading but that's great to know.

So basically get both the live and new UTM up to date with firmware, take a backup of live, restore on the new and upload the new license after the restore and that's it?

• Exactly, that's how I would do it, too.

I would check the physical interface(s) that have been assigned to your logical interface names, because a different hardware may have other odering scheme, which could lead to confusion and/or changed associations on the target hardware.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.