This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

setup for cluster with dual SG115w

Hi

I have an SG115w that I want to add one or two more SG115w's in a cluster.  On my current SG115w I don't see the Cluster Active/Active option from the HA configuration tab.

What is the best way to setup a cluster?  Do I need a special license?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Yes, high availability requires a license  for active / active.  If you don’t see the ha setting at all, 
    iit’s probably not included in the home license as most home users would never need this feature.

Best regards 

Alex 

-

• This isn't for a home user; I have an SG115w appliance in a school setting and I need to add capacity.

I thought HA (active/active) was included in the license with wireless etc.

• No, active / passive is included. As active/active is a gain of capacity they charge you for that. That’s why it is a calculation task if you buy a second device plus license or buy a bigger model and upgrade your license.

Depends on the fact if you rely on HA.

Ask your Sophos reseller for details.

Best regards 

Alex

-

• Hi Greg and welcome to the UTM Community!

Let me be a little more emphatic than Alex...

If you've had this device for less than 30 days, I would urge you to exercise the Sophos satisfaction guaranty that allows you to return the device.  This kind of thing happens to government entities that are required to accept the lowest bid and that don't request a trial.  I would get a 135 or a 230, not a 210 (only 2 cores).  The 330 may be out of your price range, but it might be the right choice.  In any case, get help from someone that knows how to size Sophos appliances.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA