This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Utm220 rev 5 install from usb

Hi

I have some utm220 boxes I downloaded the latest both the hardware and software installer.

Because I got issues installing I want to post here what worked for me.

Hardware install iso & software install.

1 make bootable usb with rufus

2 boot usb in upper usb slot the ofher can be used for keyboard

3 boot system

4 press enter at first screen

5 alt-f2 for console

6 type: mount /dev/sdb1 /install

7 alt-f1 and continue

If you have an utm220 with original cpu/mem/harddisk you can install the hardware iso.

If you want to be flexible install software version.

It worked with an SSD connected and quadcore cpu.

The display is not working yet will update this post when I have updated that.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Update enable lcd on UTM software install.

1 login with SSH

2 vi /etc/asg

3 add these lines:

ASG_VERSION="220"

LCD4LINUX_HW="LCD-162"

ASG_SUBTYPE="r5"

• I have a 220r5 as well with the ssi install I had originally deleted the asg file to get the home license to apply. Adding a new asg file with the above comments did not enable the lcd to work. Still shows a bunch of black squares. I know the original file has other comments including an "ID" comment. Perhaps that is required? I read in other thread at one point that all that's required to install the software license is to delete the "ID" comment so I'm really not sure where that leaves things as far as getting the lcd working. It would be nice. I already checked if I made any typos but I'll check again just to be absolutely certain. If I don't post back on that topic it's because there is no typo.

• The info 3 lines are exact copy of my config. Maybe your device has another type of display?

Sorry it works on all 220r5 overhere.

• Just a quick update to my own post above. I found the post whereby it is suggested to only delete the "ID" comment in the asg file to get the home license on the SSI install to apply and in the same thread it is mentioned that to get the LCD working on the 220 the entry is as follows:

ASG_VERSION=”220″
    LCD4LINUX_HW=”LCM-162″
    ASG_SUBTYPE=”r5″

So the LCD4LINUX entry differs from the above mentioned. Could be a typo especially since "lcd-162" is more logical than "lcm-162" but I'll give that a try when I get a chance and write back.

• Yes it could easily be a regional HW thing. Perhaps a discrepancy in the driver in the iso for ssi vs software. Might never completely decipher it but I do know so far the LCD-162" isn't working on my particular utm220r5. I'll confirm once I edit the comments and reboot later today.

• Just confirming that changing the D to M in LCM-162 allowed the process to display on the LCD as expected so whether its hardware or driver related I have no idea but it works now.

Reply Children
  • Another update for anyone who might find this....

Got the noctua fans (NF-A4x20 FLX) in today. The fans have a screw that is slightly larger than the frame of the 220 so you must drill using a 3/16" bit. Unscrew and remove the CPU heatsink, take the old fans out, turn the 220 upside down (to avoid metal bits going on the motherboard) and drill through. The metal is just white steel so very little pressure is require therefore, do not push hard on the drill.

I also upgrade the CPU to a core 2 DUO and the memory to 4GB.