This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do i update my Sophos SG230 Firmware version 9.408-4

Hi 

I was trying to update my sophos SG230 firmware version 9.408-4 today with the download UTM Up2Date 9.600 Released.

But the update doesn't work probably the required version is 9.510005. Then i try to download the earlier version but it seems the link are all no longer working.

Please guide me where do i download the updates for updating my current version.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi derrick Chan,

go here and find the update you need;

ftp://ftp.astaro.com/pub/UTM/v9/up2date/

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Incremental Updates

Updates are incremental, so they have to be applied one at a time.   As Argho indicated, ftp.astaro.com is accessible with both http and ftp, so you can download the  kits as needed.   The filename indicates the prior version and the next version.  To update from 9.408, you will have to install a lot of kits.   You will not be able to download them all at once because they will fill your root partition.  Do not enable automatic download in the Up2date settings to prevent the root partition from filling up.   This approach will take a very long time.

Fresh Install

The better approach is to download the CD for a new install.   Download the configuration backup to your laptop.   Build a brand new UTM configuration using the CD, then restore your configuration.    This will take 1-2 hours instead of 20 hours, and you will have a more compact configuration when you are done.  Configuration files are guaranteed to be upward compatible.  Then keep the CD and the configuration file in case you ever need to do a bare metal restore in the future.   Sophos tends to retire older CD images quickly after a new release becomes available, so to ensure that you will have the version you want, it is best to have the CD ready in advance.

• That is a huge gap, because firmware updates are incremental.

So I would recommend to get the iso and do a new installation. That means you have a fresh device after that process. So after that restore the settings.

But of coarse you can do the incremental way via Up2Date.

Best regards

Alex

-