Sophos Central Admin US-West customers may experience performance and login issues. See Central Status for the latest updates.
We'd love to hear about it! Click here to go to the product suggestion community
I'm using the ASG 425 Rev3 (Core2Duo E6400) Hardware Appliance in a private Network.
I got the Home-License running achieved through deleting the ASG File in /etc Folder.
Since i did that, the display isnt working anymore.
Is there any solution for that problem?
The file /etc/asg is used by the following procedures:
- "initasg" (the difference between the ssi* and asg* ) to assign the correct names to the interfaces. After deleting /etc/asg initasg wont work correct anymore.
- "utm-lcd" controls the lcd display.
- Hardware License is needed, if /etc/asg exists.
From my old post. It worked with ASG220 and UTM7-8 (pre utm-lcd):
1. Install ASG Hardware with ssi****.iso
2. rm /etc/lcd.conf (Link to /etc/asg for lcd4linux)
3. mv /etc/asg /etc/lcd.conf (because i like the lcd-information)
4. Change in /etc/init.d/initasg the line 34
5. Install HomeLicense via WebAdmin
Now in UTM9 you should do this:
2. mv /etc/asg /etc/lcd.asg
3. Change in /etc/init.d/initasg the line 34
ASG_HW_FILE="/etc/asg" to ASG_HW_FILE="/etc/lcd.asg"
4. Change /etc/init.d/utm-lcd the line 1
ASG_FILE="/etc/asg" to ASG_FILE="/etc/lcd.asg"
Please test and post the result!
In reply to CS:
These steps work on a UTM 320 r.5. Thank you.
just tried on my 425, line number on the first file is off, otherwise, works like a champ!
Hi, just tested it out, and it works, but it does not cycle the display, through the interface/ram/cpu values, it just stands on one page with the utm version and uptime.
I found out that /etc/lcd.data is not being generated on software installs, so you have to create /etc/asg again and remove the id and serial number, then everything works like on a hardware appliance :-)
Read here on bottom where it says : Updated: 15/11-2016: