This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Qotom/ProtectLI FW2B appliance? (Fitlet2 J3455 purchased)

Curious if anyone has used one of these for Sophos?

https://protectli.com/product/fw2b/

• Intel Celeron® J3060 Dual Core at 1.6 GHz (Turbo 2.48 GHz)
  • 2 Intel® Gigabit i211-AT Ethernet NIC ports
  • AES-NI

I'd think it could handle gigabit speeds, with IPS/Snort, disabled that is.

Thoughts?

...am looking for a replacement for my Realtek NIC failing Zotac...but my requirements remain the same.  Fanless, small form factor.  I don't want a server or anything like that, so keep landing on these Qotom style appliances.  I did however find a fitlet2 that has a J3455 cpu that is also probably an option.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • For anyone in same boat...what I've learned has pointed me more to the Celeron J3455, though the E3950 is also a capable one.

Pretty close to buying the fitlet2 with the J3455 with the i211 Intel NICs.  The pfsense/opnsense crowd have used these succesfully, so I figure it can handle Sophos as well. I plan on restoring my prior configuration to see how it goes. 

• For anyone in same boat...what I've learned has pointed me more to the Celeron J3455, though the E3950 is also a capable one.

Pretty close to buying the fitlet2 with the J3455 with the i211 Intel NICs.  The pfsense/opnsense crowd have used these succesfully, so I figure it can handle Sophos as well. I plan on restoring my prior configuration to see how it goes. 

Children
No Data