This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.5 - Home Use License / User count

I have a Sophos UTM 9.5 installation on a VM at home for a couple of years and am happy with that. For some weeks I am getting messages regularly that the user count is exceeding 90% (48 of 50 IPs). I guess that 50 IPs are simply not enough nowadays since we have now devices that all need a connection to the internet (voip phone, tablets, smartphones, alexa, firetv, friends coming in our house and using our wlan on their smartphone, e.g).

I am aware of the fact that there is an option to use Sophos XG or a different product as an alternative to my UTM but I really want to avoid that at the moment since I'd need to migrate the config manually and I simply don't have the time at the moment to migrate all the configuration manually and for the troubleshooting in case something won't work straight away.

Is there a way to get the license extended by let's say a total of 70 IPs and what are the options for it? Or to change the licensing model to the same one as on the XG (limit CPU and RAM)?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There is no way to extend the home system of UTM9. The only way is to use XG with the better licensing system for home. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• There is no way to extend the home system of UTM9. The only way is to use XG with the better licensing system for home. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Children
No Data