This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG series - sizing guide/specs

Does anyone know where you can obstain the specs for the SG series UTM's in a bit more detail eg max SSL vpn users, max IPsec vpn users, max firewall policies etc

There are parts on the datasheet but not enough.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Louis,

the most updated guide I found version 9.3 (in German)

Speeds and user recommendation are listed.

Best regards

Alex

-

• Louis, the Sizing Guide in the US is "reseller only" access because answering your question using the guide takes a lot of experience.  Earlier today, I answered a question about how many access points an SG 230 can handle.  The sizing guide says 100, but that's if it's only doing Wireless Protection.  If you have more Separate Zone Wireless Networks, the number is reduced.  You will want to ask your reseller for a recommendation.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Unfortunately, I've been handed a spec sheet that one of our SG clusters must adhere to and to be honest, the SG330 covers 90% of it so I'm disputing the justification required for the remaining 10% because I don't think we will ever need them.

• Are you asking about any limitations based on program capacity, Louis?  The only limitations are a thousand managed Endpoints and 222 access points.

Your reseller should be able to reassure you that your 330 cluster fulfills the specs that are required.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA