This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone using a Zotac Box CI327?

Some users reported thar Zotac Boxes CI 321 + CI 323 are working with UTM Installer.

But how about this new CI327 model?

regards

joed

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If I remember correctly the NICS are different and drivers didn’t work out of the box. Do a little search here and you‘ll find information about this.

Best regards

Alex

-

• If I may believe the statements here in the forum, then the statements with the different network cards always related to the difference between the 3xx and the 5xx series.

My question is whether anyone has already tested the new, more powerful model of the 3xx series. Before I use an old model, such as CI323, CI325, I would prefer a CI327 or CI 329.
    In the official data sheets of zotac, unfortunately, the network card is not described in detail.

I'll try to ask zotac about the installed network cards.

• If I may believe the statements here in the forum, then the statements with the different network cards always related to the difference between the 3xx and the 5xx series.

My question is whether anyone has already tested the new, more powerful model of the 3xx series. Before I use an old model, such as CI323, CI325, I would prefer a CI327 or CI 329.
    In the official data sheets of zotac, unfortunately, the network card is not described in detail.

I'll try to ask zotac about the installed network cards.

Children
  • as i mentioned in my posts here in the forum... 

if the zotac box supports intel amt it must have at least one intel chip... 

a CI327 should work cause it dont have AMT support and the network chipset should be based on realtek.

but sure best is to email the zotac support, they have explained it to me too in that way...

greets

zaphod

Home: Zotac CI321 (8GB RAM / 120GB SSD)  with latest Sophos UTM
    Work: 2 SG430 Cluster / many other models like SG105/SG115/SG135/SG135w/...

• Hey...

Word of caution...I've been using a Zota CI323 Nano for a couple years without issue, but in the last few weeks my throughput drastically dropped off. Troubleshooting this has lead me to the Zotac being the culprit. Thought is a recent firmware upgrade by Sophos has caused the conflict.  This Zotac has Realtek NICs.

I purchased it before I learned of the Realtek issue with Sophos and most UTMs.

....if I were to do it again, would have made sure I purchased one with Intel NICs. 

My two cents. 

• I agree with RobertBurri,

Also using the CI232 Nano, for the past couple of years, I have had relatively no issues, although I have not had the drop off issues that RobertBurri has had, but I have 2 units - 1 UTM & 1 XG, and I do know that Zotac have been messing around with the firmware for the CI323, as I installed a firmware from about 9 months ago, and that version is not on their support site ...

but yeah the Realtek NICs are a pain and not just for Sophos :) , nowadays if the system has Realtek NICs I don't use it for live, I'll replace the NICs or use another system.

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Did a little more troubleshooting, and as much I have liked the Zotac, I have to recommend against it even more now.  I did more troubleshooting, and have figured out my issue is related to a hardware failure...likely the NICs. (Realtek...)

A livecd (usb) of Opnsense, LinuxMint, and a full re-image of my Zotac with Linuxmint all reported tested network speeds of 45/100 up/down. The exact same network configuration/ethernet cable plugged into a NUC reports 350/300.

So....if that CI327 uses Realtek NICs, the answer is to say away from it.

I'm looking for a new appliance now.