This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Installation stuck at "detecting asg devices"

Hello,

Thank you for providing the Sophos UTM product for home use. I am trying out Sophos UTM for first time on a machine that has been running pfSense for years. The installation is stuck at "Detecting ASG Devices". I have re-run this a few times with the same result.

How do I get past this to install?

I have attached screenshots of the installer and the console in case helpful.

I am using asg-9.510-5.1.iso from a thumbdrive made bootable by Rufus.

Thanks,

Ari

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Ari,

I would like to recommend you to use Etcher instead of Rufus. Refer to the KBA here, and let us know if that suggestion works.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Thank you for the suggestion. I had initially tried win32diskimager per the documentation, but found that it would not support .iso images (only .img). That is why I moved on to try Rufus to burn the image to the USB thumb drive. Rufus made a bootable image from asg-9.510-5.1.iso but not from SW-17.1.3_MR-3-250.iso.

I have tried the suggestion of using Etcher instead of Rufus. Etcher was not able to make bootable images from either asg-9.510-5.1.iso or SW-17.1.3_MR-3-250.iso.

Is there a different image I should be using? A different image burning tool? USB thumb drive OK to burn to and boot/install from?

Again, I am trying to put home version of either Sophos UTM (preferable) or XG onto a device that has been running pfSense for a number of years (i5, 4gb ram, dual intel GB lan, 120GB SSD).

Thank you again for any assistance.

Ari

• Thank you for the suggestion. I had initially tried win32diskimager per the documentation, but found that it would not support .iso images (only .img). That is why I moved on to try Rufus to burn the image to the USB thumb drive. Rufus made a bootable image from asg-9.510-5.1.iso but not from SW-17.1.3_MR-3-250.iso.

I have tried the suggestion of using Etcher instead of Rufus. Etcher was not able to make bootable images from either asg-9.510-5.1.iso or SW-17.1.3_MR-3-250.iso.

Is there a different image I should be using? A different image burning tool? USB thumb drive OK to burn to and boot/install from?

Again, I am trying to put home version of either Sophos UTM (preferable) or XG onto a device that has been running pfSense for a number of years (i5, 4gb ram, dual intel GB lan, 120GB SSD).

Thank you again for any assistance.

Ari

Children