This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Purchase Key

Hi Guys, 

i used to work for a Sophos re-seller, recently left and now my UTM at home (SG105W) needs a new key, of course i don't have any ACT or Licenses for it and not working for the reseller any longer they are unwilling to help. I own the kit myself (brought it through the reseller to train at home but actually ended up setting my house up with it too!). I only use this for home use, my wife and I.

How do i get a license key to apply, i expect i will need to pay, thats fine, what do i do first?

Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Richard,

just convert your hardware version to an software version.
    So you can use the free home edition for you appliance.

Convert to Software:
    - connect via ssh to your utm
    - rename the file asg under /etc -> mv /etc/asg /etc/asg_old
    - reboot the utm

After the reboot you should be able to install the free home license.

Best regards
    DKKDG

• thanks DKKDG but i already ran out of license, hadnt noticed as its a 105w so the wifi hadn't gone off actually on the box.

so i have a screen and keyboard plugged in but need to know where to head and how to get to root, i thought typing SU would prompt me but no good....

any pointers or instructions? 

thanks

• You should be able to login directly as root on the console.  Do you know the root password?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • all sorted, thanks, flashed with software image and licensed with home license. all good til 2021.

thanks all.

Rich

Reply Children
No Data