This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9 Licensing Count Inaccurate

I have an issue with my Sophos UTM 9.x that is very frustrating. I keep getting notifications that I'm past my license count. I have IPv4 and IPv6 enabled and it is double counting licenses. It will even triple count them if I have a static IPv6 address assigned. It also is counting devices that never even look to it for anything. Several of my network devices have a completely different default gateway, but they are still being counted as a license. Has anyone found a solution, or is support working to patch this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • There's really not a lot you can do about double counting of dual-stack devices. You should think that counting would be based on MAC-addresses but apparently it is not. Unusual tough is that devices not using the UTM get counted, that is not something that I have seen so far unless you are doing some kind of ip-scanner to scan for active hosts inside your network.

You could hide some devices behind another NAT router but I don't know whether that's completely legal....

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reply Children
No Data