This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.510-4 released - let's share experiences!

Released yesterday:

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/b/utm-blog/posts/utm-up2date-9-510-released

Found out so far, that mailmanager is broken:

Others? :-)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • We have an SG115 HA pair running the latest 9.6 branch (9.602-3) and are still getting these errors endlessly in our wireless logs.

2019:05:20-22:15:46 anonfw-2 awed[7102]: WARN -------------------------------------------------------
    2019:05:20-22:15:46 anonfw-2 awed[7102]: Use of uninitialized value in string ne at awed_ng.pl line 2515.
    2019:05:20-22:15:46 anonfw-2 awed[7102]: 1 main::updateActiveAweLocalChannels
    2019:05:20-22:15:46 anonfw-2 awed[7102]: WARN -------------------------------------------------------
    2019:05:20-22:15:46 anonfw-2 awed[7102]: Use of uninitialized value $local_ActiveChannel in string ne at awed_ng.pl line 2515.
    2019:05:20-22:15:46 anonfw-2 awed[7102]: 1 main::updateActiveAweLocalChannels
    2019:05:20-22:15:49 anonfw-2 awed[7102]: WARN -------------------------------------------------------
    2019:05:20-22:15:49 anonfw-2 awed[7102]: Use of uninitialized value in string ne at awed_ng.pl line 2515.

Our ticket with support says that this is benign, but we have constant complaints about the wifi at this location, where as we have no complaints at other locations that don't show this error.

What is it? How is it resolved?

• You already know that this is only the second time this has been reported and that no one has posted a resolution.  I would go ahead and get a case open with Sophos Support.

If you want to try to resolve it yourself, I would first try deleting the Wireless Network and then creating it anew.  If you have an unused Ethernet port, you can use it as a place holder in the DHCP Server and Interface definitions to avoid having to recreate them.

If that doesn't work, I would try the same with the Access Point definition.  Edit it first, open up 'Wireless Networks' and 'Advanced' and get a screen cap of the settings.  The definition will automatically re-establish as long as the AP is still active on your LAN.

Any luck with any of that?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • 1) How would I possibly know this is only the second time it's been reported?  I already opened a case with Sophos Support, and they told us it was benign (it may be, but if so it's a pretty strong coincidence that our site with the most wifi complaints also has this otherwise-unseen 'benign' message)

2) I'll give this a try - One of our networks is bridge to LAN, the other is not.  I can recreate both to see if it makes any difference.

3) I've already tried disconnecting and re-adding the APs, which I assume is what this step accomplishes? 

• 1) I Googled site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f "Use of uninitialized value" and I figured you had too since you found the thread where the other report was posted.  I would request escalation of your case.

3) Exactly.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA