This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.510-4 released - let's share experiences!

Released yesterday:

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/b/utm-blog/posts/utm-up2date-9-510-released

Found out so far, that mailmanager is broken:

Others? :-)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • It's been over 3 weeks now and the 9.510-4 update is not available through Up2Date yet.  I'm just wondering if the update is being delayed or there is something wrong on my end as a I usually recieve an email stating the firmware has been downloaded and is ready to be installed.

Still running 9.509-3

• It's been over 3 weeks now and the 9.510-4 update is not available through Up2Date yet.  I'm just wondering if the update is being delayed or there is something wrong on my end as a I usually recieve an email stating the firmware has been downloaded and is ready to be installed.

Still running 9.509-3

Children
  • The latest is 9.510-5, available on the ftp site earlier this week.  I'm still not recommending it.  When I put it on my lab UTM, the User Portal was hosed, but no one else has reported that, so I may be headed for an install from scratch.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Ok then I'll just wait for the Up2Date firmware to be released.

• Bob, have you tried deleting your browser cookies?   There was a rash of complaints in this topic that Mail Manager was broken, but it appeared to have been resolved by resetting cookies, so I wonder if it would solve your problem as well.

I have not seen anything from Sophos indicating that they understand the Mail Manager problem and are addressing it.   At least mail manager is used by a small pool of relatively sophisticated users.   Because  User Portal is offered to a large pool of relatively less sophisticated users, even a requirement to purge cookies is problematic.    So I hope we will see another hotfix to bring us to 9.510-6.

9.510 has a fix to Country Blocking Exceptions which I am eager to use, but for the moment I am holding firm on 9.506 because of the reported problems with subsequent versions.

• Agreed, Douglas, my first solution was to open a different browser (Chrome), and that worked.  Then, I tried to solve it by following this tip - Firefox: Delete cookies to remove the information websites have stored on your computer - no joy.

Edit 2018-08-15: Resolved - see my post below.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I'd never removed selected cookies with Firefox before, so I had skipped the final step.  After I really removed them, everything works fine.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA