This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Home use, Netgear FVX538 EOL - looking @ XG 105 - is the a free or lower cost sub for Total Project or Home

Noted the free tools, but it looks like you need to supply the box.  My preference would be to buy two XG105s to connect my home and cottage.  However, over time .. the total protect subscription licensing would kill for home use.  Not sure if I have interpreted it correctly but with the free tools offerings you get the sub at no cost, if you supply the hardware.

Is there an offering where the consumer buys 2x XG105s for home use, and can some how have a discounted or no cost limited use, non commercial home subscription covering the total protect modules?

Steve Gibson turned by on the Astaro .. but I never had the time to build a box -- now the Sophos has acquired them .. this seems like the way to go.

Steve

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Steve and welcome to the UTM Community!

I'm moving your thread to the Hardware forum.  At the top of that forum, you will find an "unofficial" HCL.  Look at the last few dozen posts in that thread to get an idea of what others have found to work well.  I would not recommend a 105 for a home user as its processor is too weak to handle a fast Internet connection.  It's also expensive for what a home user gets.

The free home-use license includes everything in FullGuard (TotalProtect is FullGuard plus premium support).  The only limitation with the home-use license is that one cannot replace the Sophos logo with something else on pages shown to users.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA