This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DHCP Servers

I have configured several vlans on my network, some for different wifi networks one for the wired network and one for the voice network,

all the vlans except the 3 wifi ones, which are on a trunk which has 3 vlan interfaces setup on an interface, have their own interfaces on my utm and each has a dhcp server setup.

only the lan dhcp is providing addresses, the wifi networks are not getting addresses nor is the voip network. the logs are no help as they just say listening on the addresses and interfaces and alll the devices say is unable to obtain ip address can someone point me in the right direction?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • after playing around i've managed to get all but one of the dhcp pools working.

the pool i'm an having problems with is shared between both wired and wireless devices the wired devices are getting addresses from the pool but the wireless devices are not.

i think the problem is down to the interface used if i untag the vlan on the switch and tag the interface nothing gets an ip, if i tag the port on the switch and not the interface the wired devices get an ip but the wireless devices dont.

the wireless accesspoint is connected through an interface with all the vlans tagged at the interface and the switch port tagged as a trunk 2 of the vlans on the trunk provide ips with no problem but if i try to add the problomatic vlan to the same interface then it breaks everything 

• Hi Chris,

Does the XG receive a tagged DHCP request from the client, show us a tcpdump output for port 68 and 67. Refer to, UTM: Packet Capture via TCPDump.

Thanks,

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• it would appear that the utm is not receiving a request from devices on the network in question however removing the tagging from the wifi network has resolved the problem 

Reply Children
No Data