This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG 125 Toasted, unlicensed SG 135 as temporary replacement

Hello,

I experienced that SG 125 was toasted and after discussion with Sophos support they are sending another unit to replace existing one. We tried to get into firewall via Console cable and also we plug in monitor to see if something will be presented on a screen but no luck. I also tried to get in via Web console and I tried backup restore via USB but no luck either.

Currently we are offline on that site and I'm looking for suggestions:

1. Should I wait for replacement unit (2-3 days)

2. I have in stock one SG 135 and I was thinking to configure it as a temp solution until SG 125 arrive. If I start config of SG 135 I'm planning to leave it unlicensed and also I noticed that firmware version on it is 9.507-1 and on SG 125 I had 9.505 – 4. Will that be a problem? 

Thank you on your reply,

Denis

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut Denis,

Your 125 has certainly been replaced by now.  if you have a similar problem in the future, you will want to ask your reseller to generate a demo license for the 135 as it will not function with a license for a 125.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Salut Denis,

Your 125 has certainly been replaced by now.  if you have a similar problem in the future, you will want to ask your reseller to generate a demo license for the 135 as it will not function with a license for a 125.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data