This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Restoration of Spare Device (Sophos UTM SG430) in HA (Active/Standby) Cluster with Automatic Configuration Option

Hi,

I have a Sophos UTM SG 430 Cluster (Active/Standby). For the sake of testing "Automatic Configuration" feature, I factory reset the 2nd device in cluster. After the factory reset the device is asking for "License" file (shows "License has expired for this device"). I installed the base license for this device and after performing basic Setup, I navigate to the "Configuration" Tab under  Managment > High Availabilty, but the operation mode is in "off" state, this feature is disabled.  One the top it says " feature disabled either you dont have a relevant subscription or subscription expired".

I even installed the license for the primary device with other subscriptions but same result. 

How can I restore this device through "Automatic Configuration" Option.

Thanks in advance for your help...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Asif,

follow these steps (mostly taken from an older answer of Bob) 

1. Factory reset the standby device.
    2. On the current UTM in use, on the 'Configuration' tab of 'High Availability':
       a. Enable Hot-Standby
       b. Select eth3 as the Sync NIC
       c. Configure it as Node_1
       d. Enter an encryption key (I've never found a need to remember it)
       e. Select 'Enable automatic configuration of new devices'
       f. I prefer to use 'Preferred Master: None' and 'Backup interface: Internal'
    3. Cable eth3 to eth3 on the new device.
    4. Cable all of the other NICs exactly as they are on the original UTM.
    5. Power up the new device and wait for the good news

Also on https://techbast.com/2015/04/configuring-high-availability-ha-on-sophos-utm.html for example you find the order of steps.

Tell us if this worked.

Best regards

Alex

-

• Thank you Alex for your reply. I got it solved, it was a License related issue. But to restore a device back in Active/Passive Cluster you need to enable "Automatic Configuration" option under 

Management-->High Availability  "Configuration" tab, as it is disabled by default. Otherwise Automatic Configuration will not work.

Thanks.  

• Thank you Alex for your reply. I got it solved, it was a License related issue. But to restore a device back in Active/Passive Cluster you need to enable "Automatic Configuration" option under 

Management-->High Availability  "Configuration" tab, as it is disabled by default. Otherwise Automatic Configuration will not work.

Thanks.  

Children
No Data