This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Gigabit Internet and Sophos - a losing combination

For the record, this is false advertising:

So now I've got to build my own box, and my only Sophos-approved point of reference is a hardware compatibility PDF that was last updated in Sept 2015.  The alternative I'm looking at is the SG 210 rev.3, and I'll be paying well over $1k for a device with a 2-core, 2-thread, 2 1/2 year-old $40 CPU.  What am I supposed to do?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • just a FYI: I got a self-built UTM (dual core with ssd) at home with a 500/250 connection and experience logging problems (multiple logging processes / processes crashing) regularly. I am nto sure of the source of the problem, as it was virtualized it might be a problem with the setup. 

---

Sophos UTM 9.3 Certified Engineer

• Apijnappels' suggestions above are good.  Folks also might want to peruse Sascha Paris' UTM Tweaking Guide 2.0 which is pinned to the top of the General Discussion forum.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Apijnappels' suggestions above are good.  Folks also might want to peruse Sascha Paris' UTM Tweaking Guide 2.0 which is pinned to the top of the General Discussion forum.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data