This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems Downloading UTM Home

Not sure what’s up but I am going round in circles in trying to download the UTM Home appliance software.

It started with me requesting to download software that had to go through a compliance check. I got the licence and then received the email as can be seen in first screenshot below. I created an account and replied to email as requested, which would then supposedly trigger Sophos in making the software available for download on my account. Replying to it gave me an undeliverable (address is downloadcompliance@sohos.com) as can bee seen in second screeshot, so the 'trigger' has never occurred and I can't download!

I described my problem a support form on 2 occasions (both in English and Spanish).

I also called Spanish Support who told me they couldn't help and to email customerservices@sophos.com, my local distributor also told me to email customercare@sophos.com. Anyway I sent above to both and they came back saying to post my query here as its the 'Home' edition.

All tickets related are:

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hola Herman and welcome to the UTM Community!

There is no separate Home edition as the free home-use license works with the full version of UTM.  You can download the software version from UTM Support Downloads.

I'm not sure what you've done thus far, but you will need to have a home-use license which you can create and download from MyUTM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

he issue was with literally the download itself. I had the license and knew the link to the download, which was also provided in the email with license details. The problem is I'm in Europe and I needed to go through some further compliance to be able to download. This was fine and i was given the green light to be able to download. The email I received that I was good to go, also said that i needed a sophos account and to create one, but I already had one, and to reply to that same email stating account, upon receipt they would then make the download available on that account. This e-mail I received had a reply address of 'downloadcompliance@sophos.com'. replying to this gave me an undeliverable. That was my issue.

The email address I received from sophos to allow me to trigger the download was not accepting my email due to 'permissions' issue.

In my screensots I show what I mean about it all.

My distributor downloaded it for me and provided a copy. But I couldn't get directly!

• I responded and Deleted the to this post
    It was sophos servers problem

• Thanks for the explanation, Herman - I'm glad I was ignorant of the problems faced by those in the EU! [;)]

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA