This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

AMAHI Home Sever and Sophos UTM Home

Greetings from Canada.

Folks, I seek your assistance and expertise in relation using Sophos UTM Home on my home network that also hosts AMAHI Home Sever (using as a file / music server).  AMAHI currently manages DHCP and DNS on our home network.  While I am computer savvy, my knowledge in terms of networking and firewalls is limited.  I have the UTM machine setup and am seeking your expertise in relation to the following:

1) Can AMAHI continue to manage DHCP and DNS when SOPHOS box is connected to home network?

Current LAN setup:

IPS Cable Modem/Router -----> to which are connected a) 5 port unmanaged switch, b) ranger extender / AP (for second floor), c) AMAHI server -----) the switch connects i) main PC, ii) TV, iii) network NAS, iv) SONOS music hub.

I'm uncertain where to place SOPHOS box in all of this, although research done suggests earlier (rather than later) in network (ie after ISP Modem / router).  

Any assistance, direction you can provide is appreciated.  Please let me know hat additional information you require. Thanks for your patience and understanding.  Thank you.

Regards,

Scott

Ottawa, Canada

This thread was automatically locked due to age.