This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where can I find information regarding box temperature?

Hello to all SOPHOS UTM enthusiasts,

I'm just evaluating sg135w rev. 3 hardware appliance and wondering where can I found information related to box/cpu/motherboard temperature? My testing environment is not temeperature controlled and I would like to be warned if box temperature is above 30 oC.

Maybe I overlooked something in the web menu, but I will really appreciate any suggestion how to make this box less noisy. It is significantly louder then sg125w. Is there any fan control hidden inside menu or is it possible to controll fan using ssh?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Mazan,

i think there is no option to find these metrics.

There is nothing within webadmin and i don't find such within SNMP.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hello Mazan

For your not warranty-covered-system try in shell as root:

sensors-detect                          (updates /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors)

sensors                                       (shows actual sensor data. You have to find out which temp? fits your needs)

Regards, Peter

• You will want to pose these questions to Sophos Sales.  There is nothing to be done at the command line or in WebAdmin to change the fan speed or to see the overall temperature of the box - you only can see the temperature of the processor with the sensors command.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA