This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UEFI Boot for Sophos 9.x

Recently, hardware of one of our smaller 10 user software version broke down. Nothing fancy we though, just toss a new Celeron/Atom board at the thing, done.

Upon receiving the 2017 Celeron board, we noticed that supporting Legacy Bios boots, seems to be no longer a thing these days.

Which is a problem, since the Software UTM can exclusively boot from Legacy Bios.

UEFI is not supported, which basically kills all smaller software installations in the long term, unless you are willing to put a layer of virtualization that supports UEFI in between.

Which is a solution, just not the solution that I had in mind.

Does anybody know, whether there is a way to create an UEFI installation of UTM 9.x, or whether there are plans to move the UTM to UEFI?

Or should I assume UTM is supposed to wither and die?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Klaus and welcome to the UTM Community!

Check for other posts in the Hardware forum where I'll move this thread. Google the following:

site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/hardware-installation-up2date-licensing UEFI

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA