This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How comes the "route addition via service" command into effect in VPN SSL Client connection?

Hi folks,

when connecting to our UTM 9 via SSL VPN Client you can see in Log information all the routes that have beed added like:

Route addition via service succeeded 

C:\Windows\system32\route.exe ADD XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX MASK YYY.YYY.YYY.YYYY ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ.ZZZ

So, where do these routes come in fact from? I mean i do not see any "local networks" or something like that that contains all these routes that are used.

Is there ONE place for this at all or is this just a collection of all settings configured in different places for the "SSL VPN" network?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Those should be all the local networks that are configured for your SSL VPN profiles. And this is the mechanism that makes that this traffic is sent to the UTM and not your local router.

I suspect the UTM does some sort of route summary, at least if you also inlcude Internet IPv4 in your local networks, than you may only get a route to 0.0.0.0 and not all the possible other local networks.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Reply Children
No Data