This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Email-Protection & Exchange Online

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hallo zusammen,

wir haben vor, in 2020 von Prem auf Exchange Online zu wechseln. Hierbei stellt sich mir aber noch die Frage, ob ich hierfür weiterhin die Email-Protection der UTM benötige bzw. einsetzen sollte oder ob ich das in Zukunft in Exchange Online abbilden kann/soll? Hier gibt es ja zusätzlich zum Exchange Online Plan ein sogenanntes Adv. Threat Protection-Paket.

Hat jmd. von euch bereits Praxiserfahrung hierzu?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • After moving to a Cloud based mail product, the use case of "Scanning something on prem and sending it back to the Cloud" is somehow strange to me.

It will work, if you want. 

If you ISP is down, your mail is down. 

If your UTM has an issue, your Mail is down. 

For such setups, most Sophos customers move to Central Email (Cloud based Email solution). 

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/sophos-email.aspx

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to LuCar Toni

Verstehe ich das richtig, dass im Zuge einer Migration von On Prem zu Exchange Online dann auch der MX-Record nicht mehr auf die UTM zeigt sondern direkt zu Exchange Online?

Do I understand correctly that in the course of a migration from On Prem to Exchange Online the MX record no longer points to the UTM but directly to Exchange Online?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to LuCar Toni

Verstehe ich das richtig, dass im Zuge einer Migration von On Prem zu Exchange Online dann auch der MX-Record nicht mehr auf die UTM zeigt sondern direkt zu Exchange Online?

Do I understand correctly that in the course of a migration from On Prem to Exchange Online the MX record no longer points to the UTM but directly to Exchange Online?

Children
  • Depends.

MX record will not be touched generally speaking. 

UTM does not care, if your Exchange is sitting in the Cloud (Exchange Online) or on Premise. It can talk to both via Port 25.

If you do not move the MX record, the MX will still stick to your UTM. 

Mailflow:

Internet - MX UTM - Exchange Online - Relay UTM - Internet

If you move your MX to Exchange Online, which is possible, your UTM cannot do anything anymore. 

I simply suggested, you could use a Central Cloud technology to move everything to the Cloud. 

In this scenario, you would move the MX to Central.

Mailflow: 

Internet - Central - Exchange online - Central - Internet

Everything in the Cloud, no reliability to you anymore (Shared Responsibility). 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________