This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mail Manager - Unzustellbare Mails werden als zugestellt angezeigt

Moin zusammen,

wir haben haben mehrere Domänen in unserem Rechenzentrum für unterschiedliche Firmen.

Nun haben wir das Problem, dass wir über das Sophos Logging (egal ob Mail Manager oder das Logging via SSH) nicht sehen können, wenn E-Mails "bounced" worden sind.

Dabei existiert der Empfänger gar nicht und der Absender bekommt auch wie gewohnt eine Unzustellbarkeits-Mails.

Diese Mailserver sind über die "SMTP Profile" eingerichtet. Die Mailserver von uns selbst sind in der globalen Einrichtung unter "SMTP" eingerichtet und dort funktioniert alles wie gewünscht.

Ist das ein bekanntes Problem oder "sollte" es eigentlich korrekt angezeigt werden?

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

LG,

Florian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I have a mail server which rejects non-existent accounts, but accepts disabled accounts.   UTM correctly bounces the ones tbat are rejected.  The mail server does NDRs for tbe disabled accounts.

The best solution is to do recipient verification, so that UTM can reject the message as it is being submitted.  This makes sender notification tbe resoonsibility of the sending server.   For it to work, sender verification neefs to reject disabled accounts.

See my pist about "How to understand SMTP logs" for info about detecting delivery issues from the log contents.

Hopefully this will get you closer to an answer.  I cannot fully account for your problems, but I do not think it is a UTM bug.

• I have a mail server which rejects non-existent accounts, but accepts disabled accounts.   UTM correctly bounces the ones tbat are rejected.  The mail server does NDRs for tbe disabled accounts.

The best solution is to do recipient verification, so that UTM can reject the message as it is being submitted.  This makes sender notification tbe resoonsibility of the sending server.   For it to work, sender verification neefs to reject disabled accounts.

See my pist about "How to understand SMTP logs" for info about detecting delivery issues from the log contents.

Hopefully this will get you closer to an answer.  I cannot fully account for your problems, but I do not think it is a UTM bug.

Children
No Data