This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9.6 Aktiv/Passiv Cluster - Script nach Switchover auf "neuem" Master ausführen

Hallo zusammen,

ich suche nach einer Möglichkeit ein Script laufen zu lassen nachdem ein Knoten des Aktiv/Passiv Cluster der Master geworden ist ( egal ob nach einem kompletten Neustart oder durch einen Switchover ).

Das Script soll einen DynDNS Dienst "aktualisieren" der leider nicht in der Liste der Sophos verfügbar ist.

Hat jemand eine Idee wo bzw. wie ich das am Besten implementiere?

Vielen Dank!

Gruß

Thomas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Thomas,

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. [:(])

Do you want this script to run only when node_1 becomes Master, but not node_2 or simply whenever there's a change?  If the former Master knew the correct IP from DynDNS, why wouldn't the new Master already know it?

"Das Script soll einen DynDNS Dienst "aktualisieren" der leider nicht in der Liste der Sophos verfügbar ist."

I don't understand what this external Dienst might be or where it would need to run.

There might be an easier way to solve your original problem without using the approach you've invented.  Maybe it would help to understand the problem you're seeing/expecting.

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

danke das du in dieser Sache helfen willst.
    Das Skript soll immer dann ausgeführt werden wenn es eine Änderung gibt und dann auch nur auf dem Master Knoten.

Um die Anforderung besser zu verstehen ... jeder der Knoten hat eine eigene eindeutige IP Adresse auf dem WAN Interface und ein dynamisch geroutetes Subnetz.
    Das Subnetz wird auf die eindeutige IP Adresse des WAN Interfaces geroutet so das ich im Falle einer Cluster Änderung das routing Ziel von der Slave_Knoten_eindeutigen_WAN_Interface_IP auf die Master_Knoten_eindeutige_WAN_Interface_IP ändern muss.

Ich habe ein Script das dies tut und auch funktioniert, ich habe nur keine Idee wo / wie ich dieses Script in der UTM einbinde so das es auf dem Master Knoten in dem Moment ausgeführt wird, wenn er der Master Knoten wird ...

Mfg

Thomas

---

thanks for your helping on this matter.
    The script is intended to run whenever there´s a change and the script shout only be run on the master node ...

To better understand the request  ... each of the two nodes has it´s own unique WAN facing IP address and a dynamically routed IP subnet.
    This dynamic IP subnet gets routed to the unique WAN facing IP so whenever the cluster_master changes I need to change the routing target from the now slave_node_unique_WAN_facing_IP to the now master_node_unique_WAN_facing_IP.

I do have the script and it works but I have no Idea where / how to implement it on the UTM so that it gets executed on the master_node in the event that the node becomes master ...

Mfg

Thomas

• In fact, this isn't how High Availability is designed to work on the UTM.  Here's a diagram that also includes Link Aggregation Groups so that redundant switches can be used.  The concept is that HA will manage virtual MACs to present identical IPs on the interfaces of Slave and Master.  That's why I'm having difficulty understanding the issue you present.

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Good morning Bob,

danke für das Diagramm.
    Ich weiß wie HA auf der UTM entworfen ist und es kommt hier ja auch so zum Einsatz. Aber zusätzlich soll das Skript ausgeführt werden, damit der Routing Eintrag für besagtes Subnetz auf Providerseite geändert werden kann.

Hast du noch eine Idee wo / wie ich das Skript implementiere?

thanks for sharing that diagram.
    I know about how HA is designed on the UTM and it is used here but in addidion I need the option to run that script so that the routing entry for that subnet gets changed on provider site ...

Do you have an idea where to put that script?

Danke!

Thomas

• Ich verstehe immer noch nicht warum der Routing Eintrag geändert warden muß und warum die IP Adresse sind nicht dieselbe.

MfG - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Bob,

das ist leider der Infrastruktur des Rechenzentrumsbetreibers geschuldet, da die zwei nodes physikalisch in getrennten Rechenzentren stehen.
    Somit hat jeder Node einen dedizierten Uplink mit einer eigenen IP die auf die MAC Adresse des Hosts gebunden ist und eben die Möglichkeit für HA Szenarien ein Netz wahlweise auf die eine oder andere IP zu routen.

Daran kann ich auch nichts ändern, ich suche lediglich nach der Möglichkeit das Script auf der UTM zu plazieren damit es ausgeführt wird wenn ein Switchover passiert.
    Alles Andere funktioniert ja auch ( ist manuell getestet ), ich brauche nur noch die Automatik beim UTM Switchover.

Gruß

Thomas

---

Hi Bob,

this is because of the infrastructure design of the data center operator as the two nodes are physically located in separate data centers.
    Thus, each node has a dedicated uplink with its own IP bound to the MAC address of the host and the ability for HA scenarios to route a network selectively to one or the other IP.

I can not change that, I'm just looking for the possibility to place the script on the UTM so that it will be executed whenever a switchover happens.
    Everything else works well (manually tested), I just need the automatic in the UTM switchover.

Gruß

Thomas

• Hallo Bob,

das ist leider der Infrastruktur des Rechenzentrumsbetreibers geschuldet, da die zwei nodes physikalisch in getrennten Rechenzentren stehen.
    Somit hat jeder Node einen dedizierten Uplink mit einer eigenen IP die auf die MAC Adresse des Hosts gebunden ist und eben die Möglichkeit für HA Szenarien ein Netz wahlweise auf die eine oder andere IP zu routen.

Daran kann ich auch nichts ändern, ich suche lediglich nach der Möglichkeit das Script auf der UTM zu plazieren damit es ausgeführt wird wenn ein Switchover passiert.
    Alles Andere funktioniert ja auch ( ist manuell getestet ), ich brauche nur noch die Automatik beim UTM Switchover.

Gruß

Thomas

---

Hi Bob,

this is because of the infrastructure design of the data center operator as the two nodes are physically located in separate data centers.
    Thus, each node has a dedicated uplink with its own IP bound to the MAC address of the host and the ability for HA scenarios to route a network selectively to one or the other IP.

I can not change that, I'm just looking for the possibility to place the script on the UTM so that it will be executed whenever a switchover happens.
    Everything else works well (manually tested), I just need the automatic in the UTM switchover.

Gruß

Thomas

Children
  • OK, I see now.  I think the easiest would be to do this outside the UTMs.  Depending on how you've configured Notifications, whenever a node takes over as Master, an SNMP INFO-080 is generated along an email like the following:

Is that what you were looking for?

MediaSoft, Inc. USA