This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Webclient hinter Firewall vom HomeOffice aus aufrufen/erreichen.

Hallo,

wie bekomme ich es hin, das ich den WebClient einer Anwendung (VM-Ware) von ausserhalb (HomeOffice) ansprechen kann?  Verwendet Sophos UTM 9 / SG135W. Ich arbeite mich in das Thema Firewall gerade erst ein also bitte, speak simple.

p.s.: Über eine Buchempfehlung (Sopos für Dummies etc. ) wäre ich dankbar.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo,

da gibt es mehrere Möglichkeiten.

Man könnt den "WebServer" über einen reverse-Proxy (Sophos: Webserver Protection) veröffentlichen.

Das kann mit Authentifizierung, 2Faktoren u.Ä. auch brauchbar abgesichert werden.

Mit der Übertragung der Bildschirm-Inhalte könnte das aber etwas problematisch werden ... denke ich.

Sonst ist ein Remote Access-VPN (SSL-VPN) eine Möglichkeit. Damit wählt man sich in das Netz ein und hat (sofern freigegeben) vollen Zugriff auf die Ressourcen.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hallo Franz,

Herzlich willkommen hier in der Community !

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. [:(])

I agree with Dirk that you probably would want to use SSL VPN Remote Access, eventually adding 2FA.  Another Remote Access possibility would be the HTML5 VPN Portal which would allow you to RDP into your VM, but I would prefer the SSL VPN using the Remote Desktop client.

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • VMWare offers several remote access options:

• HTML5 web site launching a virtual desktop
    • Horizon View Client launching a desktop
    • Horizon View Client launching a single application
    • Horizon Workspace

I have worked with the first three, all of which use HTTPS/443 for authentication and launch, plus a secondary port running PCOIP, BLAST, or RDP for the session operation.   Consequently, you need to ensure that both the remote location and your server location allow all of the ports that are required.  A home network typically allows all outbound ports, but some business partner networks may lock down non-standard ports by default.

You have the option of running the HTTPS/443 traffic through UTM's webserver protection.   The other traffic is allowed using Firewall Rules.

Alternatively, you can use a tunnel that makes you appear as part of your internal network.   

Sophos offers the RED device, which I have not used but I understand it to be a VPN tunnel and a wireless access point rolled into a single device.

You can also use an SSL VPN Client connection from your home device.

For any form of remote access, I recommend (and PCI DSS requires) two-factor authentication.   VMWare supports two-factor authentication using DUO or other RADIUS-server implementations.   UTM supports two-factor authentication using OTP or DUO.   Using a login to UTM provide break-in evasion and additional logging, but does not provide single signon to VMWARE.   Bypassing UTM login and using VMWare security provides a single-step login.

So  you have lots of choices.