This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9 - Mails werden abgelehnt und gehen nicht in die Quarantäne

Hallo Ihr Lieben,

seit ein paar Wochen haben wir immer wieder Probleme mit Mails, die nicht überkommen. Aktuell haben wir ein paar Kunden, die von unserer Firewall abgelehnt werden (Abgeleht: Spam (confirmed). Der Kunde bekommt die Rückmeldung: 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550 - 'Administrative prohibition' (delivery attempts: 0)

Heute versucht die Kollegin eine Mail raus zu schicken und bekommt sie mit dem Hinweis:

Betreff: "Mail delivery failed : returning message to sender"

This message was created automatically by the SMTP relay on vpn.kroppstahl.com.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.

The following address(es) failed:

*@*.de

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

host mail.*.de [000.000.000.00]: 550 Administrative prohibition ...

Die Sophos ist wie folgt eingestellt:

Während Übermittlung ablehnen: Bestätigter Spam (Aus hat beim versenden der Mail nicht geholfen)

Spam-Aktion: Quarantäne

Aktion b. bestätigtem Spam: Quarantäne

ich verstehe nicht, was da falsch eingestellt sein könnte. Hat jemand eine Idee, was ich in der Firewall einstellen muss?

Vielen DANK

Marco

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Marco,

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. [:(])

You didn't say which version you're using, but I think this bug affects some people with 9.510.  This is fixed in 9.600, but I'm not ready to recommend going to it yet.

In the meantime, if you have only a few email accounts, you can change to have confirmed spam quarantined instead of rejected.  That's not practical for any but the tiniest companies.   You can get a list of the mail domains that have been rejected for confirmed spam since 2018-10-01 with:

zgrep 'extra="confirmed"' /var/log/smtp/2018/1*/*|grep -oP '@.*?" to='|sort -n|uniq -c|sort -n

You can select the domains that shouldn't have been rejected and then add an 'Antispam checking' exception for each.

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Marco,

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. [:(])

You didn't say which version you're using, but I think this bug affects some people with 9.510.  This is fixed in 9.600, but I'm not ready to recommend going to it yet.

In the meantime, if you have only a few email accounts, you can change to have confirmed spam quarantined instead of rejected.  That's not practical for any but the tiniest companies.   You can get a list of the mail domains that have been rejected for confirmed spam since 2018-10-01 with:

zgrep 'extra="confirmed"' /var/log/smtp/2018/1*/*|grep -oP '@.*?" to='|sort -n|uniq -c|sort -n

You can select the domains that shouldn't have been rejected and then add an 'Antispam checking' exception for each.

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Hallo Bob,

ja wir haben tatsächlich die (aktuellste) Firmwareversion: 9.510-5 und Patternversion: 155215

Die Version 9.600 steht, so wie ich gesehen habe, in der Beta-Version zur Verfügung. Das möchte ich als Laie aber lieber nicht installieren.

Wenn Sophos da ein Problem hat, dann sollte Sophos da doch auch eine Lösung für haben.

Wenn ich jetzt jede E-Mail-Adresse in die Whitelist packe, dann laufe ich dem Problem nur hinter her.  Der Kunde bekommt eine Rückmail, dass seine Mail nicht über gekommen ist und wenn ich Glück habe, dann meldet er sich bei mir...

Wo müsste ich denn deisen zgrep-Befehl eingeben? Und wo genau gebe ich die Domains in die Whitelist ein.

Vielen Dank für Eure Hilfe schon mal :)

MFG Marco

• Hallo Marco,

I don't know why only some UTMs on 9.510 have this problem.

The zgrep command is done at the command line.  You might want to add |more at the end of the command.

There's no global whitelist as such.  You create an antispam Exception on the 'Exceptions' (Ausnahme) tab in SMTP.  *@domain.com will whitelist domain.com.

MediaSoft, Inc. USA