This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Best Practice für Firewallregeln - Reihenfolge

Hallo zusammen,

ich richte zum ersten mal eine UTM 9.5 ein und möchte hier eine kleine Diskussion führen wie ihr euer Regelwerk von der Reihenfolge aufgebaut habt?

Ich habe mir überlegt, dass man von spezifisch zum allgemeinen geht. Wie seht ihr das?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Fabian,

Erstmal herzlich willkommen hier in der Community !

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. [:(])

Well, yes and no.  You want the rules that apply to everyone near the top.  I'm thinking especially of allowing DNS, for example.

But you need to realize that there are many invisible and implicit rules.  For example, if you enable Web Filtering, that creates firewall rules that you only can see at the command line with iptables commands.  See #2 in Rulz.

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Fabian,

Erstmal herzlich willkommen hier in der Community !

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. [:(])

Well, yes and no.  You want the rules that apply to everyone near the top.  I'm thinking especially of allowing DNS, for example.

But you need to realize that there are many invisible and implicit rules.  For example, if you enable Web Filtering, that creates firewall rules that you only can see at the command line with iptables commands.  See #2 in Rulz.

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data