This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

iOS Mail unable to send/receive

When connected through UTM 9, my iOS devices are not able to send or receive mail with multiple providers (EG: Yahoo, Gmail and 50webs hosting).

When on LTE network, everything works as expected.

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Dale

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Dale and welcome to the UTM Community!

You didn't say which versions of iOS and UTM you're on.  If iOS 11, be sure to Up2Date to 9.506 - it's the first version of 9.5 that I recommend in general.

You'll want to consider doing #1 in Rulz.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • For what it's worth, Dale, we are also struggling with this issue. On our guest wireless network, where there's next to no filtering, we still can't use iOS mail to send or receive gmail. The Gmail app works fine, it's just the iOS mail that won't work.

• A follow-up: we were limiting traffic on the guest wireless network to ports 80 and 443.

When we changed the rule to Any, iOS mail started working properly.

Reply Children
  • Those visiting this thread might be interested in a document I maintain that I make available to members of the UTM Community, "Configure HTTP Proxy for a Network of Guests."  If you would like me to send you this document, PM me your email address.  I also maintain a version auf Deutsch initially translated by fellow member hallowach when he and I did a major revision in 2013.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA