This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

With the XG17 out and in full swing what does UTM9.x provides that XG17 doesn't?

I know it's a religion of Astaro which I was a part of for many years but now I have actually jumped on the XG17 bandwagon (although I have a full spare HD with UTM 9.5 in storage ready to be plugged in on moment's notice.) 

Thus, I was wondering what are the pro's and cons of running one vs the other, what does one introduce while the other takes away and vice versa. 

Most of all what are the capabilities of 9.5 that prevents one from switching to xg17.

If it's a GUI then that's not enough, I have gone from Untangle 7 to Astaro to UTM 9 to now XG I can deal with GUI. 

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I was stubborn at first... not liking the new XG GUI.  It's true that some config items are still easier to find in UTM, but things are a lot better with v17.

I like the top/down ruleset.  I can get really granular with the configuration.

Other users here can speak to missing features... I mainly use it for URL filtering and IPS and don't need more advanced settings.

V17 has fixed some scanning issues with streaming video that are still present with UTM.

• I was stubborn at first... not liking the new XG GUI.  It's true that some config items are still easier to find in UTM, but things are a lot better with v17.

I like the top/down ruleset.  I can get really granular with the configuration.

Other users here can speak to missing features... I mainly use it for URL filtering and IPS and don't need more advanced settings.

V17 has fixed some scanning issues with streaming video that are still present with UTM.

Children
No Data