This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Single Time Event

Hello,

I can not create a single time event until 01.01.2020. The highest date is 31.12.2019.
The year 2020 and higher is not in the selection list.
This has been the case since quite a few versions, so also in the 9.503-4. Does anyone know the problem or/and has a solution for it?
I have to create time event up to 2024 and even higher.
UTM Software Appliance 9.503-4 in HA-Mode active/passiv

The same on a SG210 version 9.411-3

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I opened a ticket to it. The error was adjusted and confirmed. Currently, no time event can be created after 1.1.2020.

"mal eben"    gibt es nicht

• I opened a ticket to Sophos. Sophos said that the mistake is understandable but it is not clear when the bug will be fixed.

• I have not used this feature.   Can you explain how you are using Time Events?   I would also help me understand why you have a near-term need for a reference to something so far into the future.

• We have a lot of SSL VPN users with OTP tokens (well over 500).
    Our departments can request remote access for workgroups or projects.
    Some commission these accesses for the duration of the project.
    These are already so far in the future. In order not to have to deal with the deactivation of access to the
    deadlines not directly we have created user groups then the firewall rule and time event
    then no longer access to the resources. For example, until 12-2018
    or even until 03-2020, etc. In order not to have to tackle in December 2019
    (a little more than two years from now!) All accesses, it would have been helpful
    if every date set. I also can not understand that this should be limited.

I hope the explanation was sufficient

• Makes sense.   Thank you for the insight.   There is always more to learn, which is why this forum is so useful.

• The limitation is not intrinsic, Ster, it's the GUI that doesn't offer the option in the menu list, so that should be a quick and easy thing to fix.

In the meantime, you could create future events using 2019-12-31 as a placeholder and then changing them from the command line.  I created a time event 'Test dates' using that end date. I got the REF_ for it with:

cc get_objects time|grep ref

That gave me a list and I learned that it was 'REF_TimSinTestDates'.  I changed the end date to 2022-12-31 with:

cc change_object 'REF_TimSinTestDates' 'end_date' '2022-12-31'

The result REF_TimSinTestDates indicated success which I confirmed with:

cc get_object 'REF_TimSinTestDates'

In WebAdmin, I then saw:

Curious about the red dot, I attempted to assign it in a test Web Filtering Profile.  It was accepted and the Profile was enabled without error.  I haven't tested that this works, but I expect that it should.  Changing the end date back to 2019-12-31 in WebAdmin did not remove the red dot.

Please let us know if you try this and can build or change a working rule using the suggested modification.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,

Thanks for the helpful hint. But I do not want to make any changes to the console.
    I am held liable for the consequences.

In addition, developers are also currently dealing with the topic

sorry for my late reply

• Hello Bob,

Thanks for the helpful hint. But I do not want to make any changes to the console.
    I am held liable for the consequences.

In addition, developers are also currently dealing with the topic

sorry for my late reply

Children