This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WebAdmin problem with Chrome since update?

I updated our SG330 yesterday to UTM v9.502-4

Today the WebAdmin interface is very sluggish in Chrome; but it seems responsive as usual with Internet Explorer 11.

With Chrome, I get lots of popups asking "do you want to wait another 30 seconds?" and "request stopped".

Any ideas?  Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This morning I logged into my SG330 running UTM  v9.502-4 with IE - then thought, let me try it in Chrome.

I don't know what changed, but it's running perfectly in Chrome now.

Chrome Version 61.0.3163.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Battle Creek, Michigan   USA

• This morning I logged into my SG330 running UTM  v9.502-4 with IE - then thought, let me try it in Chrome.

I don't know what changed, but it's running perfectly in Chrome now.

Chrome Version 61.0.3163.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Children
  • So what I wrote back in the middle of September was short lived - WebAdmin in Chrome became unusable again after a few days.

Today I was troubleshooting a completely separate issue - the top of the Chrome browser window across the URL bar would go black all the way across when dragging from one of my side monitors to my center monitor.  If I moused over the black, the URL bar and the proper bits would "paint" in slowly as I moused over them - like old school graphics.

The solution to the black bar:  Chrome Settings > Advanced > System > Use Hardware Acceleration when available - turn it OFF.

Relaunched Chrome, black bar problem gone.

I thought, hey let me try my UTM WebAdmin in Chrome - it works great!  Smooth, responsive, PERFECT!   =)

So, if you are having trouble with Sophos UTM WebAdmin in Chrome - turn OFF "Use Hardware Acceleration when available".

-KJ