This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dyn DNS for No-IP not working as expected, need to port forward.

So internet is on a dynamic IP at home, and i am trying to setup a dns forwarding for my home network so that i can use that forwarder for external facing applications.

I have created a free account with No-IP, and have created these settings in sophos (please see sreenshots below).

Here the Kodi Port i have added is 8080 and the kodi host is 192.168.1.102

Not sure, what i am doing wrong, but when i try mydnsip.no-ip.com:4444 I can see the sophos admin page. But when i try to ping the url mydnsip.no-ip.com or attach another port such as 8080 (kodi's web interface), nothing shows up.

However i can view the kodi web interface when i log in with the local ip 192.168.1.102:8080, just not wiht the no-ip forwarder.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Cyber Army,

Please advise if you have a modem / router provided by ISP or is the UTM plugged in directly to ISP provided network port

In my situation i had ISP provided modem/router , had to add NO-IP hostname in Nat Forwarding section

Thanks

Raj

• Hi Cyber Army,

Please advise if you have a modem / router provided by ISP or is the UTM plugged in directly to ISP provided network port

In my situation i had ISP provided modem/router , had to add NO-IP hostname in Nat Forwarding section

Thanks

Raj

Children
No Data