This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dyn DNS for No-IP not working as expected, need to port forward.

So internet is on a dynamic IP at home, and i am trying to setup a dns forwarding for my home network so that i can use that forwarder for external facing applications.

I have created a free account with No-IP, and have created these settings in sophos (please see sreenshots below).

Here the Kodi Port i have added is 8080 and the kodi host is 192.168.1.102

Not sure, what i am doing wrong, but when i try mydnsip.no-ip.com:4444 I can see the sophos admin page. But when i try to ping the url mydnsip.no-ip.com or attach another port such as 8080 (kodi's web interface), nothing shows up.

However i can view the kodi web interface when i log in with the local ip 192.168.1.102:8080, just not wiht the no-ip forwarder.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • If you are using the dydns in the UTM, you do not need port forwarding because it uses the external interface.

The UTM has a proxy DNS which you would point your internal devices at, you would put your forwarders in the proxy under DNS services.

Other than that I am having a hard tome trying to understand what you are doing and trying to achieve?

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I sincerely need help with this. Let me explain in detail on what i am trying to achieve here.

Application : Kodi Media Player.

Hardware : Amazon Echo

Project : Integrating Kodi Media Player with Amazon Echo. Ask alexa/echo to play a certain movie, a TV show or music from the media library using voice command.

Demo :

Tutorial / Procedure video :

However, so my issue is that my ISP hasnt provided me a Static IP, hence i have to use the service from No-IP instead, as in the instruction above you can see that kodi requires a static IP.

I have followed the procedure, but looks like the port forwarding or setting up the dynamic dns did not work. Pls see my settings above in the first post.

If i try the local ip 127.0.0.1:8080 (kodi port) i can see the kodi libary through my web browser (thats how it should be), but when i try the myhomeserverkodi.ddns.net:8080 I do not see that web page (it should be visibile for kodi to work with alexa).

Please guide.

• Hi Cyber Army,

Please advise if you have a modem / router provided by ISP or is the UTM plugged in directly to ISP provided network port

In my situation i had ISP provided modem/router , had to add NO-IP hostname in Nat Forwarding section

Thanks

Raj

• Cyber Army said:

I sincerely need help with this. Let me explain in detail on what i am trying to achieve here.

Application : Kodi Media Player.

Hardware : Amazon Echo

Project : Integrating Kodi Media Player with Amazon Echo. Ask alexa/echo to play a certain movie, a TV show or music from the media library using voice command.

Demo :

(Please visit the site to view this video)

Tutorial / Procedure video :

(Please visit the site to view this video)

However, so my issue is that my ISP hasnt provided me a Static IP, hence i have to use the service from No-IP instead, as in the instruction above you can see that kodi requires a static IP.

I have followed the procedure, but looks like the port forwarding or setting up the dynamic dns did not work. Pls see my settings above in the first post.

If i try the local ip 127.0.0.1:8080 (kodi port) i can see the kodi libary through my web browser (thats how it should be), but when i try the myhomeserverkodi.ddns.net:8080 I do not see that web page (it should be visibile for kodi to work with alexa).

Please guide.

The UTM has a proxy DNS which you would point your internal devices at, you would put your forwarders in the proxy under DNS services.