This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM9 SG105 设备登录失败?

Sophos UTM9 SG105 更改了默认密码。再次登录web管理怎么始终登录不了,提示错误,重置设备,好像也没什么效果,怎样恢复出厂设置,恢复到原来的初始密码呢?有什么解决方法吗?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Chunyang, 

We request you to raise your questions in English instead of Chinese.

Thank you

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Just trying to help.

per google translate it turned into :

Sophos UTM9 SG105 changed the default password. Re-login web management how to always log on, suggesting that the wrong, reset the device, it seems no effect, how to restore the factory settings, restore to the original initial password? Is there any solution?

and here the solution ( 解 ) :

https://community.sophos.com/kb/hu-hu/115346

you will need to hookup a monitor and keyboard.

• Hello YU, and welcome to the UTM Community!

I like for people to post in their native language if they are not comfortable in English, but it's polite to supply the result of Google Translate.  I like that better than just posting the result from Google Translate.

I prefer to change only the password for the admin account if one already knows the root password and can access the console with a keyboard and monitor.  If I want to change it to Be1j1ng!

cc passwd Be1j1ng!

Of course, if you can't get in as root, you will need to follow the KnowledgeBase article suggested by Bruno.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • oh,sorry.

just now,i find ,I made a mistake!!!

this is my question:

Sophos UTM9 SG105 changed the default password. Re-login web management how to always log on,

suggesting that the wrong, reset the device, it seems no effect, how to restore the factory settings,

restore to the original initial password? Is there any solution?

•  see my reply in the thread for the solution

resetting to default does NOT work on that model (see https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/general-discussion/22486/factory-reset-an-sg105-appliance )

and here the solution ( 解 ) :

https://community.sophos.com/kb/hu-hu/115346

you will need to hookup a monitor and keyboard 

• Are you able to login at the console as root?  If not, the easiest solution is to download the ssi ISO, burn that to a DVD and re-install to get a factory reset.  If you can't do that, your only solution is the KnowledgeBase article linked to above by brunomc.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello!

I am a sunny.

I used the default username and password for the first time I used UTM SG105, but then I reset the device. Then you log back to the webadmin interface and pop up a similar login screen. The interface information is prompted to register the user's password

And my address information Company email address, etc., after the registration, and came to the login screen, but at the moment I use I just set up a user name and password, inaccessible display error I then use the default user name and password, found that still can't log in, so I can't sure whether I was password mistake, I don't want to say is reset device unable to reset the password? I have tried to reset the device, but still no use, I also had an external display, enter the console view password still can't see, so I don't know what to do now?

That's all for me.

Thank you for your help.

thanks

Best wishes

• hi,

did you follow this exact procedure as mentioned in the link we gave you ? password reset guaranteed

All password reset procedure

1. Shutdown the UTM.
    2. Do either of the following:
      • Connect a monitor and a keyboard to the UTM
        or
      • Connect a laptop to the UTM via a serial cable and use a terminal emulator program such as Putty to connect to the UTM on COM1 with Baud rate 38400.
    3. Power on the UTM and wait for the GRUB boot loader to start

...and then press the Esc key when prompted.
    4. Select (use only the arrow keys and not the Enter/Return key) the UTM software version that is running that does not have either previous or rescue listed next to it.
      In the screenshot below, Sophos UTM 9.1 is highlighted/selected.
    5. Press the e key on the keyboard.
    6. Select (use only the arrow keys and not the Enter/Return key) the second option in the list that starts with the word kernel.
    7. Press the e key on the keyboard.
    8. At this point, you need to enter one of the following commands, based on how you connected to the UTM, listed in step 2 above:
      • If you're connected via a monitor and keyboard, type:
        init=/bin/bash
      • If you're connected via a laptop and serial cable, type:
        init=/bin/bash console=ttyS0,38400

9. Press Enter and wait for the screen to reload.
    10. Press the b key on the keyboard. The UTM will boot up.
    11. Type: passwd loginuser
    12. Enter and re-enter a new password for the loginuser account.
    13. Type: passwd root
    14. Enter and re-enter a new password for the root account.
      NOTE: Steps 11 to 14 are shown in the screenshot below.
    15. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on the keyboard. The UTM will reboot.
    16. Login as root with the newly set password and reset the password for the WebAdmin's admin account as shown below.
    17. Connect to the WebAdmin as normal (refresh the browser to clear any previous connection).
    18. Set a new password for the admin account.

You now have access to the WebAdmin and have reset the console user accounts' passwords.

NOTE: For High Availability systems,if you encounter any problems with resetting the password while both units are online, it may be necessary to power down the secondary units and then reset the password on the master unit. Once that is working, power the other units back on and they should sync the updated passwords as well.

• oh,thank you so much!

i will try it