This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to? noob alert

Hello Everyone,

Please be patient on me. noob alert.

What i need. I have one router that has DHCP on to give address to my network. I want to put the UTM in a PC with 3 network interfaces. I want to put 2 different networks receiving the Internet from the router. I have to switches also. One for workstations the other one for cctv. But i want them to communicate. I can i do that? Some help please.

NIC 1 192.168.1.1/254 255.255.255.0

NIC 2 192.168.2.1/254 255.255.255.0

Best regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • As far as I can figure out from your question you now have:

Internet --> Router --> Internal network.

and you want to go to:

Internet --> Router --> Sophos UTM --> 2 different internal networks

That is possible with UTM without too much problems. You will need to create firewall rules to allow traffic between the 2 internal networks, since everything that you don't allow is by default not allowed on the UTM.

If you have more specific questions, than please ask them as specified as possible and whenever possible for each question a separate thread on the forum.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Hi, Nuno, and welcome to the UTM Community!

All I can add to apijnappels' response is that you should consider configuring your router so that the UTM can have a public IP on its External interface.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA